School Nurse's Office
(609) 538-9800 x4125
Novel 2019 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Thursday, April 2, 2020
The Ewing Public Schools District Nurses would like to share a great informational handout with our school community and families regarding COVID- 19 from the National Association of School Nurses titled, Helping Children Cope with Changes Resulting from COVID-19. Please ‘click’ the link below to read the article:
Parents, our school nurses also wanted you to know that they are also available by email if you need to speak to the nurse at your child’s school. Please do not hesitate to contact these qualified professionals:
Ewing High School
School Nurse: Mrs. Leslie Curran
Fisher Middle School
School Nurse: Ms. Kirsten Johmann
Antheil Elementary School
School Nurse: Ms. Lorraine Colville
Lore Elementary School
School Nurse: Ms. Judy Craig
Parkway Elementary School
School Nurse: Ms. Joan Kocubinski
Posted: February 27, 2020:
The District has implemented enhanced daily cleaning and sanitizing at all of our schools. While hand washing with soap and water is always preferred to the use of sanitizers, please remind students to use the school-provided sanitizers when hand washing is not available.
The following precautions are recommended for preventing the flu and other viruses including but not limited to the Coronavirus:
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or into your sleeve, not your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth/Hand-shaking and physical contact should be minimized in schools.
- Wash hands often, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds, especially after coughing or sneezing.
- Keep your children home when they are sick.
- Children and staff should not return to school unless they have been fever-free without medication for 24 hours.
- Avoid people who are sick
- Get a flu shot – it’s not too late to be protected
Enterovirus-68 Frequently Asked Questions: EV68FAQ 10-15-14
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched surfaces and objects.