The mission of the school library media program is to ensure that staff and students are effective users of information.”
This mission is accomplished by:
- Providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats.
- Providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas.
- Working with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
Lore Library PoliciesStudents are allowed to check out a new book each week provided that they return the previous book.
All students must return all of their books prior to choosing another book. A book becomes overdue if it is forgotten 2 or more weeks. If a book is lost it must be paid for.
- Kindergartener and Grade 1 students are allowed to choose one book at a time.
- Grades 2, 3, 4, and 5 students are allowed to choose 2 books at one time.