Join Room 10's Book Club... It's so easy!
For your first visit, enter activation code: GZDPG
Then start shopping for some great books to add to your library!
Be sure to log onto Raz-Kids often to read eBooks online, listen to eBooks, take fun quizzes, and even build your own planet and rocket ship!!
Events and activities to look forward to this year:
• Back to School Night - Thursday, Sept. 26th
• Writer's Celebrations - Look for invitations throughout the year!
• Guest Readers - Interested in reading a favorite or seasonal book to our class? Contact Mrs. Hoh to schedule a visit!
• Guest Teachers - Have a special skill or a hobby you'd like to teach our class about? Contact Mrs. Hoh to schedule a visit!
• Field Trip - TBA
• Field Day - TBA
• End of Year Picnic - TBA
Always remember to bring...
• a sweater or sweatshirt
• a healthy snack
• sneakers every day
• library books on library day
Our Special Schedule:
Day 1 - Library
Day 2 - Gym
Day 3 - Music
Day 4 - Art
Day 5 - Gym
Day 6 - Computers
Writer's Workshop: Being a Writer
Students will write a variety of texts:
~ draw on events from their lives as inspiration for their personal narratives
~ write fiction using literature as inspiration
~research and write nonfiction books
~use creativity and the world around them to write poetry
Students learn to count, add, subtract, and make fractions, as well as analyze data through explorations adn fun math games.
Reader's Workshop: Guided Reading, Shared Reading,
Students receive small and whole group instruction and learn reading and comprehension strategies.
Word Work and Phonics
Children will develop strategies to help them spell high frequency words using chunks, blends, vowels, etc.
Science and Social Studies
Students will learn factual information using literature, hands-on experiments, and real-life experiences.