Marching Band/Drill Team: Marching Band is co-curricular with Band. The Band Front or Drill Team is a precision flag ensemble that accompanies the marching Band on all trips and performances. Auditions for this specialized flag unit are held usually April.
Marching Band Director: Mr. Jason Price (New 2021-2022)
Voice Mail Extension: 2442
MEET THE NEW MARCHING BAND DIRECTOR!
Mr. Jason Price
(Formly Instrumental Music Teacher at Lore Elementary School)
Thursday, July 22, 2021
Ewing High School Football Field
(Rain: EHS Band Room)
2:00PM - 3:00PM
7:00PM - 8:00PM
EHS Blue Devil Marching Band
Hello EHS Marching Band Members!
Welcome to the 2021-2022 marching band season! This year’s show is titled “Ascend!”
During each camp day the schedule will be broken up into four parts: marching basics, two music rehearsals, and drill (show design). Below you will find the information pertaining to this year's summer band camp. I am very excited to get to work with all of you and put on a spectacular musical show for our community this fall!
Camp Dates: Monday, August 2nd – Thursday, August 5th.
Time: Camp starts daily at 8:00AM
Pick- up will be at 3:00PM
Location: Students should be in the instrumental music room no later than 8:00AM.
Things you need to bring:
- Your instrument (Freshmen will be given their EHS instrument prior to the start of camp.)
- Water Bottle
- Sun Screen
- Bagged lunch for days one, two and three, lunch will be provided by TEMPO on Thursday as well as snacks and water bottles throughout the day. Thank you, parents!
- A positive, hard- working attitude!
Things that will be distributed:
- **My goal is to get show and stand music to you prior to the start of camp**
- Drill charts for the opening song
- Spot markers for learning drill
What should you wear to Marching Band Camp?
- Sneakers and socks. NO FLIP FLOPS OR SANDALS
- Shorts and t-shirts
Please be sure to have a good breakfast before coming to camp and to get a good night sleep each night. August can be pretty hot and we will be moving around a lot so you need to be well rested and fueled up to be able to perform your best.
See you all there!
GO BLUE DEVILS!