Emergency Closing InformationWeather conditions or the loss of utility services (heat, water or electricity) can mean the delayed opening of the schools, the closing of the schools or early dismissal. The decision to delay or close the schools is made as early as possible. A message will be placed on the district phone system (609-538-9800), website, Comcast Channel 19 and Verizon Channel 31. An Instant Alert message will also be sent.It is suggested that you have high importance alerts sent to a monitored phone and all other notifications sent to an email account which can be monitored at your convenience.
Please be aware of the following update from Honeywell:
We added the ability for parents to schedule the time of day they would like to receive alerts on their phones. We would like to clarify the operation of this feature as it has been misunderstood by some.
If a parent chooses to have their phone receive alerts from 8:00am to 5:00pm on weekdays, the phone will only receive alerts that are sent by the school between those times; i.e. if the school sends an alert at 8:03am, the phone will receive it, but if the school sends an alert at 7:45am, the phone will not receive it. Some users have assumed that the 7:45am call will be delayed and sent to them at 8:00am, which is incorrect.
Instant Alert Categories:High Importance (for the following only)
· School Closings/Delays/Early Dismissal
· Any issue involving school/student safety
· Absentee notifications
· Reminders of or any change to school calendar activities (concerts, special evening or after school activities such as Science Night, Reading Night, Spirit Parade, etc)
· Reminders about Back to School Nights, report cards, conferences, assemblies, BOE/budget meetings, etc.
· Reminders to those who receive free/reduced lunch from Food Services
· Reminders about registration
· Bus Accidents/Delays/Schedule changes NOTE: depending on the situation, notifications of bus accidents may be sent under HIGH IMPORTANCE
· Club/Sports activities; cancellations and/or changes in meetings or practice schedules
· Reminders about fundraisers, book fairs, PTA activities, EDP info/reminders, etc.Should there be a delayed opening, all students are to report to school 1 hour and 30 minutes later than normal. Do not drop your child off at school at the usual time as there may not be sufficient staff for supervision.
Delayed Opening Hours:Elementary: 10:30am
Fisher Middle: 9:55am
Ewing High: 9:15amNO morning EDP; NO morning Pre-K classes; Breakfast is not served.
Early Dismissal During School Year: Hours During Last 3 Days of School:Elementary: 1:40pm Elementary: 9:00 - 1:10 (no lunch, no recess)
Fisher Middle: 12:55pm Fisher Middle: 8:25 - 12:35 (no lunch)
OBA: 11:55am OBA: 7:35 - 12:00 (no lunch)
Ewing High: 12:15pm (no lunch) Ewing High: 7:45 - 12:00 (no lunch)