Understood.org – Resources for parents and students with learning and/or attention issues
Autism Speaks – Resources for individuals on the autism spectrum and their families
HomeFront– Services for homeless families in Mercer County (609) 883-7500
New Jersey Suicide Prevention Hopeline
The Hopeline is New Jersey's dedicated in-state peer support and suicide prevention hotline staffed by mental health professionals and peer support specialists 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The service is available to callers of all ages for confidential telephone support (except when a suicide attempt is in progress), assessment, and referral. Crisis chat is also accessible through the website and the service can be reached by texting email@example.com.
Screening and Screening Outreach Programs
Available in each county 24-hours a day, seven-days a week to individuals in emotional crisis needing immediate attention. For information visit the DHS Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services' website at www.state.nj.us/humanservices/divisions/dmhas/
The New Jersey Children's System of Care is called PerformCare. Their hotline number is 1-877-652-7624, and is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. PerformCare assesses family needs and provides links to a wide variety of community resources. Services are offered for youth between the ages of 5 and 21 that face a wide variety of daily life challenges. If you are unsure how to access mental or behavioral health services for your family, this is a great place to begin.
Mercer County Family Support Organization
The Mercer County Family Support Organization (FSO) is a private, non-profit organization that provides support and resources to families and children who are faced with a wide variety of behavioral, emotional, and mental health challenges. The FSO is a great resource for parent workshops, informational and educational materials for parents and families, and support in handling a diverse range of family challenges. Check out their website and newsletter! (Please note this is a community resource and is not affiliated with Ewing schools).
2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Accredited by the American Association of Suicidology, 2ND Floor confidentially serves youth and young adults (ages 10 to 24). Youth who call are assisted with their daily life challenges by professional staff and trained volunteers.
NAMI Mercer County (609-799-8994)
Parents and Teachers as Allies
NAMI Mercer is delighted to offer Parents and Teachers as Allies, a new NAMI National education program that focuses on helping school professionals and parents better understand the early warning signs of mental illnesses in children and adolescents and how best to link families to appropriate services.
- Child Abuse Hotline 800-792-8610
- Division of Children Protection and Permanency 877-652-2873 or 877-NJ-ABUSE
- DCP&P Middlesex County 732-293-5060
- DCP&P Mercer County 609-396-6722
- National Youth Crisis Hotline 800-448-4463
- NJ Department of Mental Health State 800-382-6717
- Central Region 609-777-0674
- Missing Children Hotline 800-843-5678
- Domestic Violence Hotline 800-572-7233
- Family Helpline 800-THE-KIDS
Middlesex/Mercer County Hotlines
- Family Guidance Center of Central NJ 800-813-0555
- Jewish Family & Children’s Services 609-987-8100
- Trinity Counseling Service 609-924-0060
- Family Crisis Intervention Unit of Mercer Co. 609-989-6082
- UMDNJ/University Behavioral HealthCare (24 hr.) 732-235-5700
- CCIS — Children under 18 (Mon-Fri, 9-5) 732-235-5705
- Raritan Bay Mental Health Center (24 hr.) 732-442-1666
- Substance Abuse Hotline 800-225-0196
- MOBILE Response and Stabilization Services 609-584-0790
- Princeton Psychological Center, LLC 609-658-0368
- Good Grief 609-498-6674
- Corner House 609-924-8018