FISHER MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENT ASSISTANCE COUNSELOR
Mrs. Lori Amison
email@example.com 609-538-9800 X3145
The Student Assistance Counselor, known as the SAC, attends to the non-academic needs of students. This includes, but is not limited to:
- substance abuse
- mental health
- social and family issues
- stress management
- decision making
- disordered eating
- sexual orientation and gender identity exploration
- provides prevention and intervention resources and programs
- identifies those in need of early intervention
- makes appropriate referrals
- supports students, parents, and faculty
Prevention and intervention platforms include; individual counseling, group counseling, classroom lessons, and school-wide initiatives, often in collaboration with other helping professionals in the school (i.e., school counselors, CST, ASYSST).
A Student Assistance Counselor is a confidential counselor for students and families to help in guiding students towards a healthy and happy lifestyle. The goal is to ensure that all students are equipped with the skills and resources in order to grow socially and emotionally into adulthood.
How to reach the SAC - Mrs. Lori Amison:
- Students parents, teachers, and staff may refer a student through email or by calling Mrs. Amison
- Students are welcome to utilize the SAC at any time.
- If the SAC is not immediately available, students may simply request an appointment by filling out an appointment request form available in the FMS Guidance Office.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 538-9800 X3145
- 2nd Floor Hotline: Call 1-888-222-2228, or Text 908-280-0235
- National Secual Assault Online Hotline: RAINN.org, or Call 24/7 Hotline 1-800-656-4673
- NJ Hopeline: 1-855-654-6736 or Text to email@example.com
- The Trevor Project - LGBTQ: 1-866-488-7386
- 24-Hour Pregnancy Helpline: 1-800-238-2333
- September 9-15, 2018: National Suicide Prevention Week Plan
- September 9, 2018: World Suicide Prevention Day
- October 1-5, 2018: Week of Respect
- October 15-19, 2018: School Violence Awareness Week
- October 23-31, 2018: Red Ribbon Week
- May 2019: Wellness Month/Mental Health Month