2016-2017 Athletic Highlights
Football Coach Drew Besler was selected as the Delaware Valley Football Chapter Hank Johns Coach of the Year.
- In Football, senior Tyquan Parker was selected to the Trenton Times All-State team and selected to play in the Sunshine Football Classic
- Senior Terrance Stokes II was one of 44 players state-wide selected for the 2016 Mini Max High School Award by the Maxwell Football Club for the state of New Jersey. Players were nominated by their coaches throughout the 2016 season and were evaluated based on a criteria that includes; football performance, academics, and community service.Terrance was also named the National Football Foundation Delaware Valley Football Chapter Scholar-Athlete at the 55th Annual George Wah Scholar-Leader-Athlete Awards Dinner. Terrance received a trophy and a $1,000 scholarship to use for college.
- Senior Edamiyon Doggett was named by the NJ Football Coaches Association to the Super 100 all-State Football Team. Edamiyon is the first Ewing football player to be recognized as a top 100 player in the state of New Jersey in 14 years. In addition, Edamiyon was selected to play in the New Jersey North-South Football All-Star Game at Kean University on June 26, 2017. It is the first time in school history where back-to-back years Ewing High School will have a representative at this all-star game.
- In Girls Soccer, under Coaches Murphy and Pederson, we would like to start by recognizing Junior Julianna Murrill for being selected to the Mercer 33 Team and 2nd Team All-CVC as a midfielder. Seniors Caroline Unger, Kourtney Schneider and Danielle Rinaldi were selected to play in the Mercer County Hall of Fame Senior game.
- Junior Mary Bystrycki was selected for the 2nd Team All-CVC as a goalie and the NJGSCA All State recipient.
- The Boy’s Soccer team, under Coaches Parry & Zablow saw Junior Kameron Clark selected for the 3rd team, Trenton Times All-CVC.
- The Boys Basketball Team, under Coach Dearden, was named the CVC Patriot Division Champions, Central Jersey Group III Champions and runners-up for the New Jersey Group III Championship.
- The Trenton Times named the team as the CVC Boys Basketball Team of the Year
- Senior Jonathon Azoroh was selected for the Trentonian & Trenton Times 1st Team All-CVC.
- Senior Kar’ron Johnson was selected for the Trenton Times 3rd Team All-CVC and the Trentonian 2nd Team All-CVC.
- Senior Lawrence Joseph was selected for the Trentonian & Trenton Times 1st Team All-CVC and the Trenton Times Boy’s Basketball Player of the Year & all-Area 1st Team. Lawrence also received the Jack Cryan Award which is given to the Mercer County boys’ basketball player that best emulates the late Jack Cryan, a standout guard for Notre Dame High and then-Rider College who died of cancer while in his 20s.
- Senior Edamiyon Doggett was selected for the Trenton Times 1st Team All-CVC and the Trentonian 2nd Team All-CVC.
- Junior Ryan Conde & Senior Justin Reed were given Honorable Mention by the Trentonian.
- Team members also included: Senior Corey McKinnon, Juniors Keyshawn Preston, Kameron Clark, Isaiah Sparks, Miles Reed & Jahyde Maynor, Sophomores Delvon Doggett & Caleb Stokes, Team Managers were Senior Gianna Gollinge, Junior Yuri Youngblood
- Coach Dearden was named the Trenton Times & Trentonian Boys Basketball Coach of the Year.
- Senior Lawrence Joseph was a member of the Boys Spring Track Team that was the CVC Patriot Division Champion
- Senior Edamiyon Doggett was a member of the Boys Spring Track Team that was the CVC Patriot Division Champions. Edamiyon will attend Delaware Valley University in the fall