Food Services

    School Menus are updated monthly for elementary schools and
    every four weeks for Fisher Middle School, O'Brien Academy and Ewing High School.
    For more information please contact:
    (609)538-9800 x7106
    Alyssa Pernice (Food Service Director)
    Ext. 7106
    Ruth Savage (Bookkeeper/Secretary)
    Ext. 7106
    The Food Service Office is located at:
    220 Ewingville Rd.
    Ewing, NJ  08638
    Hours: 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. or by appointment
    You may now complete your application totally on-line and receive your determination immediately.
    See the Free & Reduced Price Meals Tab for the link. 
    Funds remaining on account at the end of the school year will stay on the student's account, even if the student is moving to another school within the district.  Parents/Guardians with students leaving the district may request to have the money refunded or transferred to another student by calling
    the Food Service Office at the number listed above.

     2018-2019 CHARGE PARAMETERS:

    The Ewing school District has a new charge policy for the 2018-2019 school year that allows K-8 students the priviledge of receiving a meal on a day when they do not have money to pay for the meal.


    Charges from the prior school year and new charges are expected to be repaid as soon as possible.  The student meal account system is not intended to be a credit system, and there will be consequences when charge balances ar not repaid.


    For more details, refer to the new policy that is on the district website, under Board of Education, Board Policies and Regulations. Search for Policy #8550 Unpaid Meal Charges/Outstanding Food Service Charges.


    Please note:

    1) Negative balance emails and/or letters are sent home frequently.  Be sure to monitor the meal account carefully.

    2) Funds may be added to a student's account through payschoolscentral.com, cash/check at the cafeteria, transferred between siblings (call Food Service at 609-538-9800 x7106) or students may pay cash.

    3) Snacks cannot be charged at any school.  When a student has a negative balance, snacks may not be purchased even when the student has cash.

    4) Charging is not permitted at Ewing High School.


    Deposit money on your child's account online at www.payschoolscentral.com. (This replaces payforit.net - same username and password) You will need to have your student(s) ID number(s) and a credit card &/or checking account number to register.
     IF YOU ARE USING AUTO-REPLENISH:  At the beginning of each school year it must be restarted.  This may require an initial manual deposit.  Your student's account balances must be above the auto-replenish amount to begin.  Please call or email Food Service if you have any questions.

    NEW STARTING 2019-2020:  The program that the district uses for parents to put money on their students account (Payschools) just informed the district  that  parents can now put money on account AND fill out a free/reduced meal application on the same website using the same log in information. This website is http://www.payschoolscentral.com.

    Looking for a part-time position?
    Food Service is seeking Cafeteria Substitutes to work in various schools throughout the district.  
    Substitute positions are on-call and generally 3.5 hours per day when called.
    If you are interested, please visit the Human Resources section on the Home page
    of this website.  All applications are submitted on-line.  You may wish to follow-up by calling the Food Service Department
    at the number listed above after completion of a substitute application.

    The U.S Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)


    USDA is an equal opportunity provider.