Did You Know …
- ASBO Certificate of Excellence for Business Office
- BCJIF Safety Incentive Award
- Ewing High School: College Board Honor Roll for Advanced Placement Achievement
- Antheil Elementary: JerseyCan Recognition for Top 10 Performance Gains
- Parkway Elementary School: Character.org Promising Practice Award
- Lore School: A National School of Character
- Antheil Elementary School NJ Sustainable NJ Schools Grant 2017
- Parkway Elementary School 2017 awarded National Wildlife Federation and New Jersey Audubon Eco-Schools USA Silver Award.
- Antheil and Lore Elementary Schools awarded Wildlife Federation and New Jersey Audubon Eco-Schools USA Bronze awards.
- Ewing High School and Parkway Elementary Schools NJ Sustainable NJ Schools Grant Awardees 2018
* In January 2017 it was announced, for the second consecutive year, Ewing Schools Named to College Board’s Honor Roll for Significate Gains in Student Achievement. Only 433 school districts across the United States and Canada are honored for increasing access to AP course work while simultaneously maintaining or increasing the percentage of students earning scores of 3 or higher on AP Exams.
* Two of our principals have been named Principal of the Year by the National Association of Secondary School Principals.
* The Ewing Public Schools achieved all categorical ESEA district performance objectives in language arts literacy and math two consecutive years. We are the only Mercer County school district to accomplish this objective.
* No Ewing schools are negatively classified under ESEA standards.
* The Ewing Public Schools offers an acclaimed Integrated Preschool Program with a fully certified staff.
* The Ewing Public Schools offers a comprehensive instrumental music program for all students beginning in fourth grade and featuring both band and orchestra.
* Ewing High School has had 13 graduating seniors attend Princeton University since 2005.
* Eligible Ewing High School seniors have the opportunity to take college courses at Mercer County Community College, Rider University and The College of New Jersey. Approximately 60 EHS seniors take dual enrollment college courses each year.
* Since 2006, the Ewing High School Athletic Department has had 7 NJSIAA State Championship teams and 14 Sectional Championship Teams.
* The EHS Robotics Program, the Mighty Monkey Wrenches, emerged triumphant in the FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) Mid-Atlantic District Championship and advanced to the FIRST world Championship in Detroit, Michigan this year in April 2018. This added another highlight to the team’s storied history when the team also qualified for the championship match in the 2011 International Finals, finishing second in the world.
* Ewing High School offers 18 Advanced Placement Courses and 34 Honors Classes.
* June 2016 New Jersey Manufactures Insurance Group presented Ewing Public Schools with a $2,000 check for being one of the very first schools to participate in the innovative program the Teen Driving Challenge.
* Antheil teacher, Ewing program honored at the White House. The teacher was part of an innovative collaborative between the Ewing Schools and Rider University called TEACH First Class Residency Program that is designed to bring talented and creative STEM teacher into our nation’s classrooms.
* Antheil Elementary School was recognized for its impressive performance gains in the JerseyCAN 2013 Top Schools Report.
* Fisher Middle School provides a comprehensive extracurricular athletic program for students with multiple offerings for boys and girls.
*Performing Arts are alive and well in Ewing! Look for performances in March 2019 (Ewing High School) and May 2018 (Fisher Middle School).
* Ewing’s monthly district publication Good News was honored by the New Jersey School Boards Association for excellence in community communications.
* Over 50% of our certified teaching staff members have advanced degrees.
* Ewing school administrators serve in key leadership positions:
Superintendent Michael Nitti – NJASA/NJSIAA Executive Committees, President: Mercer County Superintendents Association, Professor of School Law: TCNJ
Athletic Director Bud Kowal - West Jersey Football League President; Colonial Valley Conference Past President
* Thanks to the fine work performed by our Business Office staff, independent auditors have given The Ewing Public Schools clean financial audits for the past eight years.
* Ewing Schools Business office won prestigious Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting award from The Association of School Business Officials (ASBO) for having met or exceeded the programs high standards for financial reporting and accountability in September 2016 and September 2017.
* Ewing Schools Business office honored by The Burlington County Joint Insurance Fund in December 2016 and December 2017 for its outstanding audit performance and for achieving the highest levels of local safety awareness as measured by the group’s Safety Incentive Program.
* The district was a recipient of a $2,500 check to support the Ewing School’s innovative employee health, fitness and safety initiatives in December 2016 and 2017.
* Ewing High School Athletic Trainer Received Two National Awards from National Athletic Trainers’ Association, the National Athletic Trainers’ Association’s 2016 Most Distinguished Athletic Trainer (MDAT) award and the Athletic Trainer Service Award.
* The International Thespian Society, Troupe 4883 at Ewing High School qualified for Nationals at the New Jersey Thespian Festival in 2017.
* Each school showcases student performances with winter and spring concerts. Check our website calendar for the dates.
* Look for videos on the Ewing Public Education Channel Comcast 19/Verizon FIOS 31.
* Visit our website for current school news! www.ewing.k12.nj.us .
* Check our virtual backpacks for school and community information.
* Look for our YouTube Channel: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/TheEwingSchools .