Please be aware of the following update from Honeywell:
In October we added the ability for parents to schedule the time of day they would like to receive alerts on their phones. We would like to clarify the operation of this feature as it has been misunderstood by some.
If a parent chooses to have their phone receive alerts from 8:00am to 5:00pm on weekdays, the phone will only receive alerts that are sent by the school between those times; i.e. if the school sends an alert at 8:03am, the phone will receive it, but if the school sends an alert at 7:45am, the phone will not receive it. Some users have assumed that the 7:45am call will be delayed and sent to them at 8:00am, which is incorrect.Instant Alert Categories:
· School Closings/Delays/Early Dismissal
· Any issue involving school/student safety
· Absentee notifications
· Reminders of or any change to school calendar activities (concerts, special evening or after school activities such as Science Night, Reading Night, Spirit Parade, etc)
· Reminders about Back to School Nights, report cards, conferences, assemblies, BOE/budget meetings, etc.
· Reminders to those who receive free/reduced lunch from Food Services
· Reminders about registration
· Bus Accidents/Delays/Schedule changes NOTE: depending on the situation, notifications of bus accidents may be sent under HIGH IMPORTANCE
· Club/Sports activities; cancellations and/or changes in meetings or practice schedules
· Reminders about fundraisers, book fairs, PTA activities, EDP info/reminders, etc.
Delayed Opening Hours:
Early Dismissal Hours: